So. After a heavy fall in a parking lot and three hours at the emergency clinic, my three joys are thus – and this time, they’re in order of importance:
- I’m glad no-one saw me fall.
- I’m glad nothing is broken – only sprained or bruised.
- I’m glad I didn’t rip my work pants.
That’s it. I’ve got nothing else for today. Hit me with your three moments, people… I need some joy right about now and I would absolutely love to hear yours.
Oh dear! I hope you heal quickly. They (I don’t know who they are, or why they say this) but ‘they’ say bad things happen in threes. So I am hoping you are in for a long stretch of good things.
Thank you muchly! I’ve been keeping my eye on that “comes in threes” thing too and I think I’ve met my quota! 😀
You are my number 3 in bad things happen….Tw friends suffered falls on Thursday : one required a hip replacement, the other needs a skin graft. Take time to heal properly.
Oh no! I’m so sorry about your friends… I hope they recover quickly.
Don’t crash the car if you driving with those on!
They were the weirdest things… they kept my wrists from bending too much, but I could use my hands just fine. I got home safe and sound and didn’t go out again while I had them on.
Sending healing vibes your way! ❤
It is very much appreciated!
1. Glad you were not seriously hurt
2. Reminded to be glad again that I was not seriously hurt after a similar fall a couple months ago.
3. Delighted that I only have a couple hours of work from home this day, instead of what looked likely to be 4 hours of driving plus a long assessment with a client filling my Saturday.
Awesome that you had a shorter day than expected! Hope you were able to enjoy some of the day and especially the weekend.
Sorry you fell and I’m happy you are ok. I fell on public transit in New Orleans. Not only was I seen falling, it was recorded by the security camera. 🤣
What am I glad for today:
1. Vanilla Porter
2. My homemade Kahlua turned out tasty
3. I found a “I cook for one” sized pack of chicken thighs. Only 99 cents a pound.
Oh no! So your fall was captured for eternity. I would’ve just flung myself off the bus. LOL And about that homemade kahlua…
The kahlua was easy and good. Yum
2 tablespoons vanilla
Hope you are back in action soon. There are other ways to get out of working, without hurting yourself. Joy: there was no line in the post office when I went there this morning. The sun’s out…mostly and my cat is sleeping on the patio. Oh, I also made a great smoothie.
The best joy of all… no line at the post office! Ties with no line at the MVA, now that I think about it. And cats on patios are always joyful. Cats anywhere are joyful. Well, not with their face in the coffee I just made, but still…
Glad to see that you didn’t break anything, and I hope you feel better soon!
Here are the three things I am glad for, today:
1) I have the whole weekend off!
2) My cat has let me sleep in this morning (thank God!!)
3) I have a couple of hours to myself, to catch up a little on my blogging, after weeks of getting really badly behind!
Have a lovely weekend (given the circumstances) xx
Thank you! I love, love, love your moments of joy! Hope you enjoyed your time off!
Glad you (apparently) didn’t break any of your fingers
…you’re still writing (typing)
I did not, thankfully! And while the wrist protectors took a little getting used to, they weren’t too bad to wear around.